Class is full. Class starts on October 10th.
In our supportive environment, you’ll learn from both your instructor and your classmates and gain the confidence to explore your creativity.
Tuesday Evening Class
10 week course
Instructor: Andrea Poorter
Starts October 10th
Students will be guided through the basics of wheel throwing to begin exploring the basic forms of the pottery wheel, such as cylinders, cups, mugs, and bowls.
Returning students will learn how to go beyond simple, round forms by combining throwing, altering, and hand-building techniques. Exploring more advanced decorating ideas will help individuals explore their artistic voice.
Instructors will adjust their instruction according to skill level and interest. The class is for Beginner/ Intermediate levels. All levels are welcome. No prior experience is required for Beginner/Intermediate. Minimum age 18+.
The fee includes one bag of clay, glazes, firing, and full use of the studio.
- Hand towels for clean-up while throwing (1 or 2 is good)
- Pottery tool kit… if you own one from previous class
- Mask (non-medical)*
- New Tool kits ordered for this session will be available for pick up your first class
*Participants must be willing to wear a non-medical face mask that fully covers the nose, mouth, and chin while in the studio. This policy is subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.
Session Dates: October 10 to December 12.
Class 1 – Oct 10 7pm to 10pm
Class 2 – Oct 17, 7pm to 10pm
Class 3 – Oct 24, 7pm to 10pm
Class 4 – Oct 31, 7pm to 10pm
Class 5 – Nov 7, 7pm to 10pm
Class 6 – Nov 14, 7pm to 10pm
Class 7 – Nov 21, 7pm to 10pm
Class 8 – Nov 28, 7pm to 10pm
Class 9 – Dec 5, 7pm to 10pm
Class 10 – Dec 12, 7pm to 10pm GLAZE
- You must cancel at least 14 days prior to the class start date AND someone from the waitlist must take the spot in the class for a refund minus a $100 cancellation fee to be processed.
- Unfortunately, any cancellations received 13 or fewer days prior to the class start date are not eligible for refunds. .
- Registration can be transferred prior to the class start date to: another class in the same session if space is available or to a friend or family member.
- If space is available, a registration can be moved to another class within the same term.
- A full refund will be given for any class that the Guild cancels due to low enrolment or another unforeseen circumstance.
- There are no make-up options for unattended classes