* NEW * Wednesday Morning is a Hand-building only Class
In our supportive environment, you’ll learn from both your instructor and your classmates and gain the confidence to explore your creativity.
* NEW* Wednesday Morning Class
10 week course
Instructor: Jacquie Blondin
Starts October 11
* NEW * Hand-building Class
Discover the essentials of hand-building with clay in a dedicated course. Explore a wide range of construction and texturing techniques, including pinch pots, slab, and coil construction. Take your skills to the next level with advanced techniques like sculptural modeling and Kurinuki carving.
Students will be guided through the basics of wheel throwing to begin exploring the basic forms of the pottery wheel, such as cylinders, cups, mugs, and bowls.
Students will learn hand-building techniques. Exploring decorating ideas will help individuals explore their artistic voice.
Instructors will adjust their instruction according to skill level and interest. The class is for Beginner/ Intermediate levels. All levels are welcome. No prior experience is required for Beginner/Intermediate. Minimum age 18+.
The fee includes one bag of clay, glazes, firing, and full use of the studio.
- Hand towels for clean-up while throwing (1 or 2 is good)
- Pottery tool kit… if you own one from previous class
- Mask (non-medical)*
- New Tool kits ordered for this session will be available for pick up your first class
*Participants must be willing to wear a non-medical face mask that fully covers the nose, mouth, and chin while in the studio. This policy is subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.
Session Dates: October 11th to December 13th
Class 1 – Oct 11, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 2 – Oct 18, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 3 – Oct 25, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 4 – Nov 1, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 5 – Nov 8, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 6 – Nov 15, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 7 – Nov 22, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 8 – Nov 29, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 9 – Dec 6, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm
Class 10 – Dec 13, 9:30 am to 12:30 pm GLAZE
- You must cancel at least 14 days prior to the class start date AND someone from the waitlist must take the spot in the class for a refund minus a $100 cancellation fee to be processed.
- Unfortunately, any cancellations received 13 or fewer days prior to the class start date are not eligible for refunds. .
- Registration can be transferred prior to the class start date to: another class in the same session if space is available or to a friend or family member.
- If space is available, a registration can be moved to another class within the same term.
- A full refund will be given for any class that the Guild cancels due to low enrolment or another unforeseen circumstance.
- There are no make-up options for unattended classes