Campers participate in a variety of instructor-led projects that transform their projects into glazed keepsakes to take home.
Youth Summer Session 1
Youth Summer Session 1
5 Class Course
Starts July 10th
Instructor Jacquie Blondin
Our Youth Clay Camp is designed to bring out the creativity in our Campers!
Through step-by-step instructions and hands-on help, Campers will learn how to work with clay, create, and decorate several pieces during the week. Campers participate in various instructor-led projects that transform into glazed keepsakes to take home. Both our YCC instructors have ceramic/art training and teaching experience.
Once camp ends, these clay creations will need to dry thoroughly. Our YYC instructors will then bisque-fire and clear glaze each piece, resulting in a vitrified,dishwasher/ food-safememento. Once these works of art are ready for pickup (approximately 4–6 weeks after the session), families will be contacted by the email provided at registration.
Fee includes one bag of clay, glazes, firing and full use of studio.
- Hand towels for clean-up while throwing (1 or 2 is good)
- Pottery tool kit… if you own one from previous class
- Mask (non-medical)*
- New Tool kits ordered for this session will be available for pick up your first class
*Participants must be willing to wear a non-medical face mask that fully covers thenose, mouth, and chin while in the studio. This policy is subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.
Session Dates: July 10th to July 14th
Class 1 – July 10 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 2 – July 11 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 3 – July 12 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 4 – July 13 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 5 – July 14 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class is for Beginner levels. No experience necessary, just creative enthusiasm!
Open to youth from 10 to 17 yrs. Maximum registrants: 8
- No refunds within 14 days prior to the session start date.
- Refunds requested before 14 days of start date subject to a $25 administration fee.
- A registration can be transferred to another clay camp session if space is available.
- A full refund will be given for any class that MPG cancels due to low enrolment or another unforeseen circumstance.
- There are no make-up options for unattended classes.
- All communication will be sent to the email address provided by the parent during registration.