Campers participate in a variety of instructor-led projects that transform their projects into glazed keepsakes to take home.
Youth Summer Session 2
Youth Summer Session 2
5 Class Course
Starts July 17th
Students will be guided through the basics of wheel throwing to begin exploring the basic forms of the pottery wheel, such as cylinders, cups, mugs, and bowls.
Returning students will learn how to go beyond simple, round forms by combining throwing, altering, and handbuilding techniques. Exploring more advanced decorating ideas will help individuals explore their artistic voice.
Instructors will adjust their instruction according to skill level and interest. Class is for Beginner/ Intermediate levels. All levels are welcome. No prior experience is required for Beginner/Intermediate. 18+
Fee includes one bag of clay, glazes, firing and full use of studio.
- Hand towels for clean-up while throwing (1 or 2 is good)
- Pottery tool kit… if you own one from previous class
- Mask (non-medical)*
- New Tool kits ordered for this session will be available for pick up your first class
*Participants must be willing to wear a non-medical face mask that fully covers thenose, mouth, and chin while in the studio. This policy is subject to change at the instructor’s discretion.
Session Dates: TBD
Class 1 – July 17 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 2 – July 18 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 3 – July 19 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 4 – July 20 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class 5 – July 21 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Class is for Beginner levels. Youth from age 10 to 17 years can register. Maximum registrants: 8
- If a registrant cancels at least 14 days prior to the class start date AND someone from the waitlist takes the spot, a refund minus a $100 cancellation fee will be given for .
- No refunds for a cancellation received zero to 13 days prior to the class start date.
- Cancellation fees are $100 for 10-week and $50 for 5-week sessions.
- There are no refunds for a cancellation received zero to 13 days prior to the class start date.
- A registration can be transferred to someone else prior to the class start date.
- If space is available, a registration can be moved to another class within the same term.
- A full refund will be given for any class that MPG cancels due to low enrolment or another unforeseen circumstance.
- There are no make-up options for unattended classes